Friday, July 2, 2021

Friday Feature: Fashion Fiction?


There are some movies I can watch over and over. My favorite movie, When Harry Met Sally, tops the list.  I also have favorite performers and, since Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep are two of them, The Devil Wears Prada makes the list as well. In fact, it also makes the list as a movie I enjoyed more than the book, which is a very short list indeed.

But the days of editors like Meryl Streep's Miranda Priestly are disappearing fast. As fashion magazines streamline, diversify, and eliminate perks like drivers and clothing budgets, those in charge have adopted different priorities as well. If you, like me, spent your formative fashion years reading Seventeen and Glamour, check out "The Imperial Editor Goes the Way of the Dodo" for a little light holiday weekend reading.

Too bad it didn't happen in time to make life less miserable for Andy and Emily.



No comments:

Post a Comment