Monday, July 5, 2021

5 Things I Knew About Lukas Stone...and 1 Thing I Learned

In the fifteen years that I've been blogging from the (virtual) porch swing (yes, it's been that long!), I've written close to 2000 posts. This summer, I've been looking through them and, last week, I clustered a group of posts featuring my characters together. You can now click on Marita & Friends on the Porch Swing at the top of this blog (or on my website, where I called it "Dishing with Marita & friends") to find all the posts where my characters got together virtually.

In the process, I also came across a series of "5 Things I Know" posts that I wrote several years ago (and had completely forgotten about). I thought it might be fun to update them now that I've finished the series, keeping the original five facts (if they still hold true) and adding one thing I learned about each character in writing the final book.

First up: Lukas Stone. 5 Things I Knew:

1. He is always Lukas, never Luke.

2. He has two brothers, Mark and Jake. Lukas is the middle child.

3. Given his job, he sees himself as a role model -- a responsibility he takes very seriously -- so he is always very aware of how he presents himself in public.

4. He was never a fan of his curly hair -- until he discovered that the girls were.

5. Having a job he loves and is fulfilled by is more important to him than making a lot of money.

And one thing I learned:

His devoted adherence to his values can lead to him being a bit inflexible in the way he sees those around him. When combined with #3 above, this can cause conflict in his relationships. 

No comments:

Post a Comment