Wednesday, June 21, 2023

No Junk in the Trunk


  In light of all the car talk lately, I thought this post (from 2015!), originally titled, "3 Things You'll Find in My Car, But Not My Husband's" would make a fun Way Back Wednesday post. I'm still slowly adding things to my new car, determined not to let it accumulate the embarrassing amount of stuff the old car did. And, in case inquiring minds want to know, all of the items below are neatly stored in the new car, with the paper and writing implements among the first to find their homes.

Along with a phone charger. (The new car has Apple Car Play).

Oh, and for those of you playing along at home, this week, the Taos answers to Layla.

The other night, my husband and I went to Sam's Club as part of a series of errands we were running. I"not a big fan of Sam's, so I begged off and stayed the car (something he does at other stores, in case you're feeling sorry for him). Within five minutes, my phone battery died, leaving me devoid of entertainment.

Admittedly, this was a situation of my own making -- I was the one who didn't charge her phone and I was the one who chose to stay in the car -- so I'm not looking for sympathy. There were, however, other things I was looking for, all of them easily found in my car on any given day, but nowhere to be found in my husband's vehicle.

  • Paper and a writing implement. In my car, there are several notepads of various sizes, along with a selection of writing implements, including a highlighter. Then again, I'm a writer.
  • Tissues or napkins (I have both). In my car, these take up approximately one third of the glove compartment, as these are essential items for someone with year-round allergies and a tendency to spill things.
  • A blanket. A fleece blanket is a staple the back seat of my car, although right now it's in the wash because we used it as a makeshift picnic blanket when we had lunch at the food trucks...and couldn't find anything to sit on in his car.
  • An umbrella. Okay, this I'm pretty sure he does have, most likely because I gave him a hard time about not having one the last time we got caught in the rain.
Okay, maybe I only really needed the first one. And maybe his car's a lot neater than mine because his doesn't have all this stuff in it. But not being able to find the first one (two) led me to...well, this post. I ended up writing (notes for this post) on an outdated coupon flyer.

I had a pen in my wallet.

It's a good thing one of us believes in being prepared. Except for that phone charger, of course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment