Friday, June 23, 2023

Inspiration


 Today is the last day of my summer class! All that's left is the grading, and the number of papers is mathematically manageable even if it doesn't feel emotionally approachable. 

One step at a time.

Yesterday, after I met my (personal) grading quota, I got to do some things for me. I finished a jigsaw puzzle that has taken me forever. I read a few chapters of a novel I somehow managed to buy two copies of, and I read a newsletter I came across while trying to tame my inbox.

All of that was fun, but the newsletter (and linked blog post) turned out to be my favorite because it provided me with a great idea for my work-in-progress. Not only did the blog post provide an idea that brought something I'd been struggling with into focus, but it also got me really excited to write about it.

As soon as I get to the other side of this virtual mountain. 

Grades are due Tuesday morning, which means that by this time next week, I might have already committed this new idea to paper. In the meantime, I meet with my writing partner tomorrow, which means I might just sneak a little writing in among the grading.

I wouldn't want to lose the idea, after all.

But today, it's business before pleasure.

Adulting is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment