Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Ten Things I Did Instead of Writing that Blog Post

Pixabay




 Spring semester grades are in. Life is calmer. I had a blog topic planned and yet...

I didn't write that post.

What, you may wonder, was I doing? Well, I am on vacation (sort of) and so I took advantage of an open day to do some fun things and some necessary things. 






  1. I gave myself a mani/pedi. I'm heading to a conference, complete with a book signing, later this week. The nails need to look good :-)
  2. I made some phone calls I've been putting off.
  3. I made fun phone calls (to my sister and a friend from college) and talked to my daughter on FaceTime.
  4. I wrote part of a chapter in my novel. First time in over a month. (Yay me!)
  5. I met with a student over Zoom. (Hello, summer session!)
  6. I voted.
  7. I did some journaling and sketchnoting.
  8. I gathered some things I need to pack for the conference.
  9. I polished and posted a new assignment for my summer class.
  10. I did laundry.
After several weeks of concentrated work on designated tasks, it was kind of nice to "wander." But, with my course load reduced to one online class with about one third the number of students I have during the semester, I'm optimistic that I'll be back on track soon. 

At least that's the plan. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment