I'm back! And busy! Turns out that wrapping spring semester, starting a summer online course, and going to a conference all within a week puts a person behind.
No regrets. Pennwriters 2023 did not disappoint, (though it did lead to an all-new to-do list). And, from the "best of both worlds" category, I also got to visit with my daughter.
Since the Pennwriters conference alternates between Lancaster and Pittsburgh, the things I was looking forward to in 2018 when the post below appeared (and the conference was in Lancaster) are slightly different. No sister time this time, and no workshops to present, but I did get the chance to pitch my book to two agents. The hotel stay was for just one night, and it wasn't at the Eden, but it did include dinner with a friend I see only at these conferences.
And the change of pace? Always welcome. Right up until I get home and it's time to tackle those lists.
Tomorrow, I leave for my favorite writing conference: Pennwriters. Here are five things I'm especially looking forward to:
- Catching up with my sister. My sister is also a writer, and we share a room at Pennwriters conferences. We get to catch up on everything from writing stuff to personal stuff and everything in between, as well as dishing about...
- Workshops to attend. Thanks to a wide variety of great workshops, I never go home uninspired.
- Workshops to present. I love going to workshops, but I'm really looking forward to teaching at Pennwriters for the first time. I'm hoping for "just-right" sized groups for my workshops on Organization for Writers and Facebook Party Basics.
- A hotel stay. I really love the Eden Resort Inn, where the conference is held. Though I spend most of my time in meeting rooms, I always manage to spend some time by the fireplace in the lobby and in the Courtyard with its greenery and fountains.
- A change of pace. It's been a very hectic couple of weeks and I'm looking forward to a weekend that's heavy on learning and fun and light on responsibilities, as well as connecting with friends I see only at these conferences.
Post a Comment