Monday, November 14, 2022

In Celebration of my Favorite Girl


Today is my daughter's 25th birthday. I'm not sure how that happened. I mean, I can do the math -- it just seems as though time cannot possibly have passed that quickly.

In her honor, I'm sharing a post from seven years ago, and adding seven new things to bring the list up to the requisite 25. 

Today is my daughter's birthday, and so today's post is about her. She's a modest kid, but since this is my space, I get to write what I want, and I'm indulging myself. Look away if you wish -- bragging moms don't always tell the best stories -- but I couldn't resist the opportunity to celebrate my favorite young woman.


So, here (in no particular order) are 18 things I (still) love about my daughter. No elaborations -- just the list -- because the list is probably more than she'd want me to post anyway.

It's been a long time since
I was taller than she is.
(Photo: willowtree.com)
    .
  1. She's got a great sense of humor.
  2. She's quick with a comeback.
  3. She's smart.
  4. She's beautiful.
  5. She's athletic.
  6. She works hard for the things that matter to her.
  7. She's true to herself.
  8. She practices her faith.
  9. Little kids love her.
  10. She's conscientious.
  11. She can be trusted.
  12. She's a loyal friend.
  13. She's a kind-hearted grandchild.
  14. She lets me into her world.
  15. She's musical.
  16. She likes Billy Joel almost as much as I do.
  17. She gives great hugs.
  18. She has the courage of her convictions.
  19. She's brave.
  20. She's great at organizing.
  21. She knows what she wants.
  22. She manages her role as an only child with diplomacy and love.
  23. She's not afraid to ask for help when she needs it.
  24. She's determined.
  25. She wants to see the world, and keeps taking steps to do just that.

Happy Birthday, Leah. I'm (still) proud to be your mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment