|geralt via Pixabay|
You might have noticed that I didn't post anything here yesterday, despite the fact that Mondays are my usual blog-posting days.
Or maybe you didn't.
Either way, here are some plausible (and not-so-plausible) reasons for why no post was forthcoming.
One of them is true.
10. I was abducted by aliens.
9. I got buried in a pile of papers waiting to be graded and couldn't find my way out.
8. I decided to watch Dancing with the Stars and give myself a manicure.
7. The guys doing the construction on our sunroom are so cute that I ran off with one of them.
6. When we set our clocks back last weekend, I not only lost track of time, I lost track of what day it is.
5. I resurrected my reading-for-pleasure habit so successfully that I got lost in a book & forgot to post.
4. I started trying to dig my way out of my inbox, my shovel broke & I had to go buy a new one.
3. I got on a writing roll and couldn't tear myself away.
2. I won a free trip to Tahiti and the plane left last night.
1. I got in line to ask a question at Walgreens. I'm still there.
Guess which one is true and win a free copy of Casting the First Stone, Chasing a Second Chance, Courting Peace or Know Thyself: The Imperfectionist's Guide to Sorting Your Stuff -- your choice. You can share your guess in the comments here on the Porch Swing, on my Facebook writer page or my Facebook group. I'll give away up to three books (one for each spot where you can enter). Deadline is Friday at 5PM and the first three correct guesses win.