Wednesday, September 1, 2021

New Book? Take a Number

ecassells via Pixabay

 Today marks the start of "Read a new book month," celebrated annually in September and December. 

Despite the fact that I'm in the middle of numerous books, I'd be happy to comply, but I have a few things to finish first. Right now, I'm seriously reading You're Not Listening by Kate Murphy and Uncensored by Zachary R. Wood. Also in progress in book form are Tiny Habits by B.J.Fogg, Range by David Epstein, Get Known Before the Book Deal by Christina Katz, Promise Me, Dad by Joe Biden and Ghosts of Harvard (the only novel in the bunch) by Francesca Serritella. I need to finish at least one of these before I crack open, Sweet Jesus, Is it June Yet by my CatholicMom.com colleague, Amy J. Cattapan, which is currently tempting me from the kitchen counter.

Oh, and in the car, I'm listening to former President Obama read me his latest, A Promised Land, and Trevor Noah is telling me about his childhood in South Africa in Born a Crime. Also on Audible, I've started Falling Up written and read by Leslie Odom Jr. and No Time Like the Future, written and read by Michael J. Fox. (Do you see a pattern to my Audible selections?) I need to finish the Trevor Noah book in time for a book club later this month, and I really am looking forward to getting back to the others as well. There are a few more I've started on Audible, but I'm unlikely to finish them because the new ones awaiting their turn sound (pun intended) more interesting. 

And then there are the books on my Kindle. And my magazines. And the stuff I read for work. And all the other reading material I've dabbled in, but have not yet committed to.

So, you see, I'd love to read a new book this month.

But first I need to finish one I've already started.

No comments:

Post a Comment