Friday, April 17, 2020

Friday Feature: Good Morning, Houseplant. What's Your Name?

I put a lot of thought into naming my characters. Each name has to "fit" in a  way I can't quite define, but I know when I have it right (or don't). And, though I know a number of people who name their cars, I've never named a car.

Or a plant.

In fact, it never even occurred to me to name a plant until I read this article. As it turns out, naming plants can help us feel less lonely and even encourage us to take better care of them.

Though I'm not sure I'm sold on the idea, I can see the logic behind it. Kinda. And if there were ever a good time to start naming houseplants, this might be it. After all, we're spending plenty of time with them.

What do you think of Rachel Green? Too on the nose?


No comments:

Post a Comment