Wednesday, June 8, 2016

6 Questions from the Porch Swing for Gregory Daniels

See below. Can you help?
Like most authors, I know more about my characters than will ever appear on the page. So, today, I'm kicking off a new feature in which I interview characters from Casting the First Stone and Chasing a Second Chance. Readers of Casting the First Stone may remember Gregory Daniels not for his legal skills (which he never got to show off), but rather for his unfortunate orange tan. Or perhaps you remember him for his ability to take Marita's mind off the unpleasantness of her custody mediation with Jim. 

Here's what Gregory has to say for himself. Have a question? Post it in the comments and he'll reply (via me, of course).

Where will we find you when you’re not on the page of the book we’re reading?
GD: At work, in court, in the law library or at the gym.

What’s something we’d be surprised to know about you?
GD: I worked as a barista to put myself through law school. I used to say I went from barista to barrister.

What are your thoughts on children?
GD: Hard to say, since I’m not a parent. My niece and nephews are pretty cool, but outside of that, I don’t have a lot of experience with kids.

What regrets do you have?
GD: Not trying harder with Marita. 

Whom do you admire?

GD: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Even at eighty-something, she’s feisty, smart and has a hunger to see justice served.

What was the deal with that orange tan?
GD (shakes head): Rookie error. I've given up tanning salons, and if I ever change my mind, I won't go back to that one again.  

What do you think Gregory Daniels looks like? 
Find a picture and post it in the comments and I'll enter you 
in a drawing for a $5 Amazon gift card (enough to buy both books :-) 
This drawing will take place sometime in July, after a few of these interviews have been posted.
If you submit a photo I think captures the character, I'll add it to the interview post --
and I'll credit you, of course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment