Thursday, November 19, 2020

It's the last full week of a very unusual semester. I had a blog post topic all picked out and ready to go but it is now after midnight. I tried to write it, but my brain refused to cooperate.

So, instead, I thought I'd share with you what I did today instead of writing a blog post.

  • I taught two split classes, with half of my students on Zoom and half in the room.
  • I graded some assignments and returned a few student emails. 
  • I did a CVS run to pick up a gift card, a prescription and spend my Extra-Care bucks.
  • I unpacked the new dishes I ordered (well, I took the small boxes out of the big box, anyway. The actual unpacking and rearranging of cupboards will have to wait until next week).
  • I did a little sorting in my office to keep the paper piles from multiplying.
  • I read a manuscript for tonight's critique group meeting and a chapter in one of the NBIC books I got in the mail yesterday. 
  • I made dinner and ate with my family. 
  • I attended a virtual writer's group meeting and a virtual critique group meeting.
  • I placed two online orders.
  • I had some down time with my daughter.

In other words, I did what any number of moms do on any given Wednesday.

So why am I sharing it here?

Because this has been a very unusual semester and, for the first time in close to seven years, this blog has taken a hit. And I want you to know I'm neither lazily eating bon bons nor ignoring you.

Next week, everything shifts again. Classes end and it's all over but the grading (and final presentations). 

And I will have time to do more than think up post topics. If all goes according to plan, I'll have time to write them too, and get that third Marita/Angel/Charli book out. 

I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment