Monday, June 8, 2020

Writing Redux

Pixabay
Last week was wonderful! A week devoted to writing and related pursuits was just what I needed to jump-start my languishing writing. 

My spring was rough, from a writing perspective. The creative energy I need to complete writing tasks was channeled instead into turning my face-to-face classes into online instruction. From March to May, I kept up with blogs and pitched articles, but completed very little else. Even worse, I was in a kind of fog, the details of upcoming projects a blur, making it hard to even know what I wanted to tackle.

Last week, I made it to my desk (if not the first-thing Zoom meetings) by 9 every morning and used the preparation I did ahead of time and what I've learned from sprinting to chunk my writing. As a result, I made more progress on creative projects in five days than I had in the past two and a half months.

It felt good.

I'm hoping the energy and habits sparked by the retreat will carry through this week, into next week and the weeks after, even though I'm no longer reporting back to my colleagues. Coming into the day today sleep-deprived and with a list of appointments, I'm not off to a very good start but tomorrow is another day. The revisions, article brainstorming and writing I got done last week definitely accomplished #3 on last week's list.

I've got my mojo back.

And, with a little sleep, I'm excited to see where it takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment