Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Iced Tea and Ballpoint Pens? It Must be Wednesday

Pixabay.com
Around dinnertime tonight, I was reviewing my day and was pretty pleased with the things I'd accomplished.

Until I realized it was Wednesday. I'd added this post to my to-do list last night, but apparently that didn't do the trick. Of all the details -- large, small and in-between -- that had made up my day, a blog post was not one of them.

With the possible exception of hot and humid weather, there's no surer sign that it's summer than my not knowing what day it is.

So, it's Wednesday. It's also National Iced Tea Day and Ballpoint Pen Day, two celebrations I can relate to. Unlike many of my writer and educator friends, I'm not a coffee drinker -- my caffeine sources of choice are Turkey Hill iced tea and Starbucks chai tea lattes. They fuel my planning, my alertness and my writing.

And pens? Well, I'm pretty picky. I don't like gel pens and I prefer felt-tip pens to ballpoint but, when I find a ballpoint pen I like, I tend to stock up. Like the writing they produce, it's all about the flow.

Speaking of celebrations, tomorrow is the first anniversary of the publication of my book, Know Thyself: The Imperfectionist's Guide to Sorting Your Stuff. I'm celebrating on Facebook with 24 hours of organization posts and a few prizes. I hope you'll stop by.

Meanwhile, I'm going to pour myself a glass of iced tea and think about what I want to read for Friday's post.




No comments:

Post a Comment