Monday, May 7, 2018

May-king Discoveries

When my daughter was little, she loved
Maya & Miguel!
Photo: Getcaughtreading.org
Did you know that May is "Get Caught Reading" month? I just discovered that fun fact this morning! I'm very excited, even if right now, what you'll catch me reading is papers. Lots and lots of final papers. But, since May also marks the end of the semester, I'm happy to say that soon, it'll be easy to catch me reading something a tad more fun! (No offense intended to my students. I'm just looking forward to picking up a novel or two!)

Speaking of novels, you're also likely to catch me writing in May. Last month, I signed a contract with Our Sunday Visitor books to write a book on Organizing by STYLE, a topic I've been working on in classes, articles and blogs for over a decade. I'm looking forward to digging into that topic, and surprised by another discovery I just recently made: OSV is the world's largest English language Catholic publisher!

But don't lose heart, fans of Marita, Charli, Angel and the rest of the Casting the First Stone/Chasing a Second Chance family! Those characters have been clamoring for my attention as well and, although they felt rather slighted in April (understandably so), I've promised them time in May as well. The third book is coming along except for its pesky title. If I don't solidify something soon, I just might run a title contest in May as well. Stay tuned :-)

May is shaping up to be a busy month, but I'm excited by all of its possibilities. What will you read in this month?



No comments:

Post a Comment