Wednesday, May 9, 2018

The Magnificent Seven?

Pixabay
I missed my hair cut appointment today.

The sad thing is, I didn't even know I had a hair cut appointment today. For the past two weeks, if it's not a paper that needs grading, an assignment that needs planning or something with an immediate deadline, it hasn't made the list.

Yep. Tunnel vision. The only way to make it to the end of the semester.

Two of my classes are all over but the (final) grading, and students in my third class take their final exam tomorrow. I have exactly seven papers and five presentations that require grading and writing this blog post is my break from an afternoon spent with a green pen in one hand (I never grade in red) and a rubric in the other.

I love my job, but I sometimes -- often -- daily! -- wonder why I thought all of these papers were such a good idea back when I was creating my syllabus. You know it's bad when I look forward to doing laundry or making dinner because it gets me out of the chair and moving around doing something besides marking the difference between affect and effect and putting periods back inside the quotation marks.

The end is in sight. Tomorrow, after I administer my final final, we leave to go pick up my daughter at school. Plenty of non-school related items promise to fill next week's to-do list, including the hair cut I missed today.

But first...seven more papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment