Monday, December 19, 2016

Home for the Holidays

Pixabay
My daughter is home.

Well, sort of.

She's currently residing at her family home in Pennsylvania, as opposed to her dorm in Connecticut. While here, she's occasionally home, and, while home, she occasionally interacts with us. The rest of the time, she's out and about with high school friends, video chatting with her college housemates,   or in her room reading a book that's not a school requirement.

Pretty much as I expected.

The early riser tendencies that marked the first several years of her life are long gone (unless you count early afternoon as "early"), and her desire to be in bed before me (the resident night owl) are a thing of the past.

Still, it's nice having her here, and not just because she baked cookies, cleaned her room and weeded out decades-old treasures from the playroom/man cave/family room to make room for her dad's new desk.

It's just nice having her around. And, it's even nicer to have a kid that I can say that about.

At Thanksgiving break, I'd just about gotten used to having her here when it was time for her to go back to school. This time, she's home for an entire month, which means I'll either go through withdrawal when she has to return to school, or I'll start counting down the days sometime in early January.

Somehow, I don't think it will be the latter.

My daughter is home. Let the Christmas season begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment