Monday, December 12, 2016

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...Isn't It?

Maybe I need to put this guy to work.
Photo: Pixabay
Are you feeling the Christmas spirit? I'm feeling some of it, but the rest is buried under piles of papers to be graded. As I write this, about ten hours later than usual, I'm taking a break from my grading so as not to leave a hole in my usual Monday blog spot.

Meanwhile, the tree is up, but the nativity set is in boxes in the living room. Shopping is well underway, but nothing is wrapped. Christmas songs are on the radio, but I'm missing choir tonight to power through the papers I want to return to tomorrow's class.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...but it has a long way to go until it actually gets there.

Yesterday, my husband put together a table he ordered to use as a desk in our playroom/man cave/family room, adding the revamping of that room to the organizing and decorating list. I'm trying to convince myself that my "a little bit at a time" plan is a good one. I don't take much convincing, but then again, I don't yet have time for any other plan, so it's either a little bit, or none at all.

How are things shaping up at your house for the holidays? Are you all set (so I can live vicariously)? Or, are you, like me, a work in progress?

Hey, we still have 13 days until Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment