Today was not that day.
In the midst of running errands late this afternoon -- long after this blog should have been posted -- I got my idea. Stole it, actually, from a radio ad on NPR. It seems that later this week, they'll be interviewing an author (I want to say Richard Russo, but I can't be sure) and one topic of conversation will be who his characters would vote for.
To really make this true to character and avoid further polarizing one of my characters, I'm going to have to flash back a bit, to earlier this week when there were a few more candidates still pursuing the nomination.
With John Kasich, Ted Cruz and Donald Trump as Republican contenders and Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton as Democratic contenders, here's who I think my characters would vote for:
- Marita would vote for....Hillary. Definitely.
- Angel would vote for....John Kasich. She'd definitely vote Republican, but she doesn't trust Ted Cruz. And she thinks Donald Trump is a bully.
- Jim would vote for....Trump. In fact, there's a part of Jim that wants to be Trump.
- Bets would vote for...Hillary. She thinks Bernie Sanders is cute, but she likes Hillary's chutzpah.
- Lukas would vote for...Bernie Sanders. And not just because his youth group kids talked him into it.
- Gina would vote for...Hillary. Or, she'd mean to, but she'd probably have to work late and forget to vote.
- Charli, if she were old enough, would vote for....Bernie Sanders. She's not so sure about Hillary and the e-mails and she thinks Bernie's kinda cute.
What do you think? Whom do you think my characters would vote for?