Happy first day of fall! Although the month leading up to fall leaves me more sneezy and stuffy than any other season does, fall is still my favorite, for a few reasons.
The school supplies. I have loved stationery since I was a little girl! While the notebooks and pens and planners near and dear to this writer's heart are technically a summer purchase, I still associate back-to-school with fall.
The temperatures. When it comes to the weather, I identify wholeheartedly with Goldilocks -- I don't like being too hot or too cold, which means I find fall just right.
The crispness. I love the snap in the air on a fall morning -- it definitely beats the humidity of summer. And, when it's tempered with sunshine and low humidity, I consider that a perfect day.
The colors. I can't imagine living in a place that doesn't have seasons -- I would miss the changing colors of the leaves. My chair in the sunroom, my drive into work, and my walks across campus afford me with plenty of opportunities to take it all in.
The wardrobe. Any season that requires a sweatshirt or a cardigan is all right with me -- I love cozy clothes, and their softness is a perfect counterpart to the crispness of the air. Add a lightweight blanket and a good book, and I'm a happy camper.
On this first day of fall, I want to remind myself to look up and appreciate all these things I enjoy. It's so easy, even in my favorite season, to get wrapped up in my own thoughts and to-do lists and to miss the beauty all around me.
How about you? What's your favorite season? And how do you make sure to take it all in?

No comments:
Post a Comment