Friday, October 4, 2024

Friday Feature: The Library Pile


 I'm delighted to be back to writing Friday Features! (For more on this journey, see Tuesday's blog post :-)

Up this week: the library pile.

While I'm still not on the every-other-week library schedule I was on when my daughter was small, I'm getting there much more frequently than I have in a long time. The piles of books I bring home are also noticeably smaller but, since I have plenty of books on my bookshelves (and Kindle) at home, I have plenty of choices, which is what brought me back to Friday Features. 

In this week's stack, Run, Rose, Run is what brought me to the library in the first place. I saw a write-up about it in People (which is a book recommendation source more often than I care to admit), so I reserved it. While at the library to pick it up, I snagged the other three books from the bookshelves just inside the door holding the newest acquisitions (as you can see from the stickers).

Talk about temptation.

I started with Make Space for Happiness, which is a book about why we have clutter and what it replaces. It's written in a very approachable style, with a bit of tough love interwoven among the insights. As someone who loves all things organizing, I'm looking forward to finishing it.

Penny Chic grabbed my attention because I've been on a personal style kick. It was a quick read (as expected) and older than I expected (2014) since I snagged it off the new arrivals shelf. Written by a fashion blogger for an audience substantially younger than I am, it didn't have much to offer me, but it was fun to page through and a very quick read.

Having saved the novels for last, I'm also looking forward to Happy Place by Emily Henry. I've liked some of her books, but not others, and I'm hoping this one falls into the former category. I'm in the mood for a good novel. 

What are you reading? Have you read any of these? Share your thoughts and/or recommendations in the comments :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment