Tuesday, August 6, 2024

20 Things I Did Today Instead of Writing a Blog Post

Image by bohed from Pixabay


 Summer days are filled with so many things to do and, once I turn the calendar to August, the list grows. Today, a traditional blog post took a back seat to other pursuits large and small. But, since I didn't want to leave a blank space where a Tuesday post ought to be, I thought I'd share a sampling of the things I did today instead of writing a blog post. :-)

Though it wasn't intentional, I took the morning off which it seems, set the tone for the day. I also:

  • sorted through a few things that needed new homes and put them there;
  • met with the textbook representative to talk about kids and college and, oh yeah, set up my online textbook;
  • played Words With Friends and various New York Times games (see also: took the morning off); 
  • chilled out;
  • texted with friends about Kamala Harris' VP pick;
  • read a chapter in a book of writing exercises (re-discovered when I sorted through those things needing new homes);
  • did laundry;
  • hung out in my sunroom, through sun and rainstorms;
  • listed a few gratitudes in my gratitude notebook;
  • mulled over a few new writing ideas;
  • considered working on my jigsaw puzzle, but never quite got to it;
  • read an article about Prince Harry in People Magazine;
  • cut up another issue of People to use in my collages;
  • finished up some contracted work ahead of schedule, and made progress on a bit more;
  • looked for gossip (see also: read a chapter in a book of writing exercises):
  • got a $3 drink at Starbucks;
  • kept my promise to myself to write more in my idea book;
  • enjoyed phone calls with my daughter and my dad;
  • browsed online for a bookshelf that may or may not be a good idea; 
  • checked email a bunch of times, yet didn't delete nearly enough from my inbox.
Some days, I'm very task-oriented. Today was one of those days -- eventually -- but not all the tasks got completed in the usual fashion.

Then again, who's to say that the usual fashion is always the best way?

Especially over summer vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment