|geralt via Pixabay|
My students and I are ready for a break before the final push of the semester but, with Thanksgiving just a few days away, it's time to pause and focus on a few things I'm grateful for.
1. Having my daughter home for the better part of a week. She lives close enough that weekends are regular occurrence, but a whole week is a real treat.
2. Celebrating Thanksgiving with my dad, my husband and my daughter. A small group is the norm for our family and, as someone who loves to visit with people but gets stressed out when it comes to feeding them, I'm good with that.
3. The semester is almost over. I enjoy teaching, and even planning, but 'tis the season for endless grading, which is not my favorite thing.
5. I teach one less class in the spring, so...writing? One can only hope.
6. Good colleagues and (overall) good students. I really do enjoy what I do, despite the inevitable frustrations.
7. Our sunroom: my favorite room in the house.
8. The beauty of fall. My favorite thing to watch through the sunroom windows is gently falling snow. Gently falling leaves and the colors of fall are a close second.
9. Relaxing pursuits. Time off from work always includes reading, creative pursuits, and sometimes, a jigsaw puzzle.
10. Ideas, characters, and the readers who support them...and me. Thank you to all of you who read my work, whether it's my books, my blog posts, my posts on L2Hess and Friends Facebook page, or all of the above.
What are you thankful for?