Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Resetting


 It’s a Wednesday that feels like a Monday during the summer, when I already have trouble keeping track of what day it is. 

What am I supposed to do with that?

In response to this conundrum, I’m starting the day out slowly, as I usually do in the summer, especially on Mondays (even though it’s a Wednesday). The weekend will come quickly and, most likely, almost as a surprise. How can it be Friday, after all, when it was Monday just two days ago? 

Oh, wait. 

But, until then, I have three days. I can be lazy, I can be productive, I can be creative, or I can be any combination of those things.

That final choice is the one that’s most likely.

What’s for sure is it I’ll spend time in my sunroom, and I’ll spend time writing, two of the things at the top of my summer to-do list. Sometime each day I’ll stop by my favorite Starbucks and chat with the baristas who know my drink and sometimes even leave me messages on my cup. Then, I’ll come back home, drink in hand, to continue the business of the day, whatever that may be.

Most days, I have a list. But today, the day after a holiday, I’m resetting. And, after all, isn’t that what summer is for?

No comments:

Post a Comment