Wednesday, June 7, 2023

10 Things That are Still True About Me


 Some days, I feel changed (and not always for the better) by age and experience. Other days, I marvel at how far away I am from being a 20-something (or even a 40-something). 

And then I find a post like this one from five years ago and realize that I really haven't changed all that much. The face in the mirror is older, but inside, I'm still very much the same.

  1. I love my job. Sure, I complain sometimes about the details but, big picture, I love working with young adults and daily, I meet young people who shatter the notion of a lazy, entitled younger generation. (Yes, even after the pandemic).
  2. I am an optimist. Most days, #1 fuels this.
  3. I appreciate excellence and have little patience for people who don't do the work.
  4. I love creating characters, whether for the stage or the page.
  5. I live for a flexible work schedule. I've done the traditional work day, and this is much, much better, but I also work more hours now than when I did the typical work week.
  6. Becoming a mom is the best thing that ever happened to me.
  7. I have a love-hate relationship with technology. When it works, it's a fabulous tool, but I'm always not-so-secretly afraid something will go wrong and I will look foolish. (It's happened).
  8. I love to learn new things. These days, you're more likely to find me reading (and writing) non-fiction than novels.
  9.  I am grateful beyond words for the life I have. Yes, bad things have happened and no, I haven't simply ignored them. But, I know that neither good nor bad will feel that way every moment of every day. I know what I'm good at and I'm willing to work hard. And, I have a husband whose job provides health insurance.
  10. No matter where I am or where I live, I will always, always be a Jersey girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment