Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Collaboration


 Last Saturday, I attended a professional development event that took up a good chunk of my day. To say I was not looking forward to it would be an understatement. I spent most of last week in a low-level funk inspired by the mere thought of giving up a sunny Saturday in April -- not to mention getting up at a time I rarely acknowledge on a weekend.

I knew I'd be glad when it was over. Oops. I meant to say I'd be glad that I went (that, too) because I always am. I knew I'd feel more prepared and energized for the fall course this meeting revolved around, and I'd come away with new ideas, in no small part because of my favorite part of this event.

Collaboration. The best part of this annual training is seeing colleagues I don't get to see very often. We chat about our common bonds and concerns (there are several writers among us), problem-solve and, in the end, feel less alone in our struggles and more armed with new ideas for the coming fall.

Was it a good use of my time, even though the April sunshine turned to April showers pretty much just as we were leaving the event?

It was. 

Even if happened on a Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment