Tuesday, June 21, 2022

20 Things That Bring Me Joy

 Last week, I sat down to write my "J" post with two ideas in mind. I thought I could weave them together into a single post, but that turned out not to be the case. Well, I could have, but you might still be reading that last post. :-)

Luckily joy is definitely worth writing about more than once. I promise to move on next week but, this week, I'm sticking with J, and listing a few of the many things that bring me joy, hoping I can inspire you to do the same.

Because joy is often so deepened by interconnection, it's impossible to put these in any order but one that is random. And I'm sure I've missed a few, too.

  1. Days with promise and possibility
  2. My whole family together in one place
  3. Watching my daughter come into her own
  4. Laughing with friends
  5. Writing
  6. Starbucks iced chai tea lattes
  7. Our new sunroom on a beautiful day -- or a cloudy one for that matter
  8. Quiet evenings in the sunroom with my husband
  9. Splurges (but not the impulsive kind)
  10. My Kate Spade planner
  11. The Container Store -- (see also #1) 
  12. Singing
  13. Performing on stage
  14. Jersey!! (New Jersey, that is)
  15. The perfect piece of prose (mine or someone else's)
  16. Teaching
  17. The beach 
  18. Reaching a goal
  19. People who are kind
  20. A great bookstore
  21. A good book

Your turn :-) Share your joys in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment