Monday, May 2, 2022

E is for End-of-Day Posts

 

When I retired, I set a goal to post my blogs on a regular schedule and, for a long time, I did so very successfully, posting here on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

Then, once I started writing a lot of posts about organization, I started a second blog, posting on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Saturdays didn't last long, but I maintained Wednesdays and Thursdays until recently, when I opted for Thursdays only since so much of what I was blogging about was already in my book and because you can also find my organizing posts on CatholicMom.com. Lately, Friday posts here have also dropped back to approximately every other week. Perhaps worst of all, I often find myself posting late in the day, many, many hours later than the morning posts that were the standard back in the 20-teens.

What's going on? Don't I love my readers any more?

What a silly question! Of course I still love my readers. 

So...if not that, then what? 

Well, way back in 2012, I retired from my career as a school counselor and became a lady of leisure (relatively speaking). Then, in 2013, I started my second career as a college instructor. It started out small, then grew, but I managed to stay on top of my blogs.

Until the pandemic. Yeah. You know how that went. 

Luckily, my second career (like my first one) has a nice summer break. At the top of this summer's list (as always) is blogging and writing, two things that recharge me. A month from now, I'll be close to wrapping up my summer teaching and replacing end-of-day posts with morning (or at least early afternoon) posts will be at the top of my to-do list. 

Till then, thanks for hanging in there with me, reading my Monday posts on Tuesday and checking in for new posts despite the fact that they sometimes don't materialize. Rest assured that my affection for you, my reader, has not diminished one iota, but some days, one iota feels like all the time I have to work on a post. 

I know why I can't wait till summer. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment