Friday, August 27, 2021

Friday Feature: How Much Would You Pay for a High Tech Mask?




On Tuesday, I donned my cloth Vera Bradley mask and walked back onto campus. The high that day was forecast to be over 90º and let's just say the air conditioning wasn't up to the task. I left class sweaty and ready to change, and pulled my mask off as soon as I hit the fresh (hot, humid) air outside of the building.

Then, that afternoon, I read about a high tech mask that was the brainchild of musician Will.i.am and  Jose I. Fernandez, costume designer to stars and superheroes. Equipped with fans and bluetooth (among other amenities), it retails for a cool $299. Xupermask, manufactured by Honeywell is definitely not your garden variety mask and most definitely not everyone's style, but it might have been a great accessory for a 90º day in a warm college classroom.

And, hey. If you have to wear a mask, wouldn't it be cool to look like a superhero while you're doing it?




No comments:

Post a Comment