Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Kicking Back on a Virtual Front Porch

amazon.com

It's always fun when someone asks me to write a guest post or join them on a podcast. A few weeks back, I had the opportunity to slide off my porch swing and join Linda Culbertson and Nancy Shank on their virtual front porch for their Front Porch Book Club podcast. 

I never know what to expect when I visit a new podcast. Years of teaching and acting have made me reasonably comfortable with off-the-cuff conversations, but awareness of rolling tape definitely adds an edge. Most of the time, things turn out well and I have fun, and this time was no exception. I had a blast!

Sisters Linda and Nancy have a really interesting set-up. Each book gets two air dates. The first is a discussion between Linda and Nancy, book club-style, about the book they're featuring. The second (that's where I came in) is a conversation with the author. It's light and fun, but they asked me some of the best questions I've even been asked about anything I've written.

The first Casting the First Stone episode just went live this week, and I'm so excited that I'm telling you about it even before I finish listening to it myself. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed being a part of it, and I hope you'll decide to visit Linda and Nancy's virtual front porch to hear about all of the other books they'll be talking about. 


https://frontporchbookclub.com


4 comments:

  1. Lisa - we loved reviewing Casting the First Stone! We've already heard from some of our listeners that they loved the book and are looking forward to the episode where you join us on our front porch (April 21) so they can hear more about the characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for having me -- I had a great time! I loved listening to your chat with Linda about the book. It's so much fun hearing other people's perspectives on my characters.

      Delete
  2. Loved having you on our front porch. Thanks for your sweet comments about your experience with us. We can't wait to read more of your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I didn't know what to expect, but I could not have predicted how much fun it would be :-)

      Delete