Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Best Friends!

I've been spending a lot of time with my characters lately as I get Courting Peace ready for its e-book launch. And, although it's usually Marita, Angel, Charli (and sometimes Bets) who visit the porch swing, today I put three different characters on the spot. Although one is significantly younger than the others, none of them is exactly a shrinking violet, and I think everyone was happy to share her two cents.

Anna, Gina, and Bets are the best friends of Charli, Angel, and Marita respectively. All of them are loyal and give good advice, and each of them lends to the story in her own way, but they don't usually get the spotlight so, today, I thought I'd invite them here for a chat.

Q: How long have you known your best friend?

Anna: Since we moved from Chicago, about a year and a half ago.

Bets: Since first grade, so...a long time!

Gina: A coupl'a years. I used ta see her every day till she quit work to get married.

Q: What do you like best about her?

Gina: Angel's got a heart of gold and she sees the good in everybody. Even that crumbum she married.

Bets: Ri-Ri goes along with all my crazy schemes, and I can trust her completely.

Anna: Charli was the first person to reach out to me when I moved in. We've been best friends ever since!

Q: What's one thing you wish you could convince her to do?

Bets: Find a boyfriend who's not connected to Holy Redeemer.

Gina: Get her loser husband to take more responsibility when it comes to that adorable baby.

Anna: Get back together with my stupid brother. That way, they'd both stop moping. 

Q: Enough about them. Here are some for you. Sweet, savory, or sour?

Anna: Sour! I love lemons!!

Bets: Sweet, always.

Gina: Savory. Gimme a pizza or some pasta with seafood any day.

Q: Vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry?

Anna: Vanilla. With chocolate syrup and a cherry.

ponce photography via Pixabay
Gina: Strawberry.

Bets: Chocolate!

Q: Beach, mountains, or cruise?

Gina: Cruise. To an island.

Bets: Ooh! I like that.

Anna (quietly): Mountains.

Bets: It's okay, honey. You do you!

Q: Bagel, croissant, or sourdough?

Anna: Sourdough. As long as I don't have to make it.

Gina: An everything bagel slathered in cream cheese.

Bets: A croissant. And a mimosa.

Q: Last one. Stripes or polka dots?

Anna & Bets: Polka dots.

Anna: Or flowers.

Gina: None of the above. Gimme a chevron print. I love the zigzags. 

Q: Okay, last one. Favorite color.

Anna: Pink.

Bets: Red.

Gina: Black. (shrugs) Goes with everything. 

Thanks, ladies!

Bets: Hey, we'll come back any time, right ladies?




No comments:

Post a Comment