Monday, September 7, 2020

5 Things I’ve Learned So Far This Semester

It’s almost 10pm and I was congratulating myself for a relatively well-balanced day (despite the fact that Labor Day was a work day for the first time ever) when I realized that I hadn’t written a blog post. 

Oops.

Since it’s the beginning of fall semester and I’m guessing you can figure out what kept me, a school post seemed appropriate. But I’m also guessing that you’ve read plenty of those lately, so I’ll keep it simple and share just a few things I’ve learned so far during this very unusual semester.

1.There’s a limit to the number of new things I can master at once.

2. The first few weeks of hybrid learning are even more exhausting than the first few weeks of traditional face-to-face learning.

3. I will make mistakes. Plural.

4. I need to forgive myself for the mistakes I will make. And, if I’m up front about them with my students, I’ll give them permission to make mistakes, too.

5. I’m happy to see my students, even if it’s on Zoom.

It’s definitely going to be an adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment