Friday, March 6, 2020

Friday Feature: Creativity

This week has been wonderful. After months of not having/making time to nudge my third Marita/Angel/Charli book into the final stage, I got to spend this week immersed in it. As I write this, I need to take one more pass through a challenging section, then it's off to my sister, who has agreed to copyedit it in between her own writing projects.

Turning off the teaching part of my brain for a few days has led to more brainstorms and new ideas than I anticipated. This is particularly good because when I'm absorbed in the usual day-to-day, fitting writing into the nooks and crannies, I sometimes worry that ideas have dried up.

Creativity isn't something we either have or we don't have -- it's something we can choose to have. Each of us can be creative in different ways -- musical, crafty, artsy, or truly artistic -- and there are lots of ways to make that happen.

For fourteen of them, check out this article in Entrepreneur. It's not current, but that doesn't really matter.

Creativity never goes out of style.


No comments:

Post a Comment