Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Online Book Party

On Saturday afternoon (1 - 2:30 EST), I'm taking my latest book to Facebook. It will be my first Facebook book party in more than two years, and it's my first one for a non-fiction book.

Facebook parties are a blast. I get to chat with friends, family and potential readers about the book and basically just hang out online for an hour and a half. Ahead of time, I write a script (so I don't make a fool of myself by winging it), create graphics (something I love to do) and put together theme-related prizes (Shopping? Sign me up!) All of these tap into my creativity.

These parties play right into my wheelhouse. I don't have to clean my house (no one's coming here), I don't have to get dressed up (no one will even see me) and I don't have to cook (no one needs to be fed).

For me, the best part of a Facebook party is the opportunity to interact with readers and get to know new people (and potential new readers). While the book is certainly discussed, there's no hard sell. In the case of Know Thyself, I plan to bring a little bit of content to the party, but also want to see if everyone can go away feeling a little bit excited about getting organized.

If you're available on Saturday afternoon, I hope you'll stop by and say hi. Participating is as easy as responding to a Facebook post, but if you prefer to stand back and take it all in, no one will drag you into the light. If you have a question about organization or writing books, I'll be happy to answer it to the best of my abilities.

To attend the party, just click this link: Facebook party! From now until Saturday at 1, the link will take you to more party info, but between 1 and 2:30 on Saturday afternoon, that's how you join in the festivities!

I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment