Interestingly enough, my favorite tough girl, Marita Mercer, never had her 6 Questions interview -- I don't know how I missed her! But, coupling that omission with the fact that she's one of my main characters, I'll need to kick off this new feature with her.
New feature? 5 Things I Know. If you've read Casting the First Stone and Chasing a Second Chance, you might know these things, too. Or, you might disagree, or have come up with a revelation of your own. If so, please share in the comments! I love talking about my characters almost as much as I love talking about my actual flesh-and-blood child.
So, without further ado, I give you Five Things I Know About Marita Mercer.
- She takes parenting very seriously.
- Although she'll never admit it to her parents (especially Rosemarie), she'll always be grateful to them for all they've done for Charli.
- She regrets not at least trying college. (She won't admit that to her parents either).
- Her biological clock is ticking. Softly, but more insistently than she'd care to admit.
- She's not sure she can be the woman Lukas needs her to be, no matter how hard she tries.
Any surprises? Additions? Arguments? Fire away!