Friday, June 29, 2018

Friday Feature: Need a Little Inspiration?

I have a love-hate relationship with the news. I keep watching it and taking it in through various other media, like Facebook and Twitter, because I feel as though I should be an informed citizen.

But, much of the time, I hate what I'm seeing and hearing. And the price that I pay for being informed is sometimes too high. Fear. Anger. Lingering messages from unlikely sources.

I had something else chosen for my Friday Feature this week, but this morning, I just felt the need to go a different way, so I kept looking. When I stumbled onto the "10 Most Inspiring College Commencement Speeches," I knew I'd hit my mark.

I'll be honest. I haven't watched them all, so I can't attest to their degrees of inspiration. But I determined that even a little inspiration had to be a good thing, and so I'm posting this anyway, in the hope that at least one will inspire. If it turns out they don't deliver on their promise, we can always do what I should perhaps do with the news more often.

Turn it off and turn to something else.

Along those lines, I will offer an alternative -- and this one I've tested. If you haven't yet seen James Corden's Carpool Karaoke with Sir Paul McCartney, take a look.

It definitely got my day off to the right start.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment