Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Quizzing My Characters

On days when I sit down to write my blog post nearly twelve hours late, I'm grateful for little things that provide prompts (and for Sarah Reinhard, who taught me to use things in the environment when I get stuck). Today's questions came from my Happiness Project calendar, and here to answer them are Angel and Marita (Casting the First Stone, Chasing a Second Chance) along with the protagonist from my work-in-progress, Kelsey Stevens.

Okay, ladies. When in doubt, do you bring an umbrella or leave it at home?

Marita: Bring the umbrella to preserve the hair and the outfit.
Angel: Bring the umbrella, but I also have one in my car. Just in case.
Kelsey: Me too! I usually have one in my work bag as well.

As a child, did you have a special toy, blanket or doll? If so, do you still have it now?

Marita: I had a teddy bear that my grandparents got for me when I was born, or so I'm told. I don't know what happened to it. I think my mom threw it away. It was pretty raggedy.
Angel: I had a fuzzy pink blanket with silky edging that I used to rub against my cheek to fall asleep. It's on a shelf in the nursery closet so I can give it to Spencer.
Kelsey: I don't remember any special toys, but I always loved books, so I guess it's not surprising that I married an author! A lot of my books got handed down to my sister, Lindsay, but I saved some of my favorite series. They're in a box in my attic.

If you want to learn about something new, would you rather take in the information through reading, listening or watching?

Marita: Reading.
Angel: Listening--that way, I can get visual information too.
Kelsey: Watching. Or, better, yet, doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment