Friday, May 5, 2017

Friday Feature: College Move Out Day

In less than a week, we'll be making the trek to Connecticut to pick up my daughter and bring her home. Yesterday was my last teaching day and the first day I started to feel really excited about this adventure because the end of my semester made the end of hers feel real.

I can't believe it's been nearly nine months since we hauled all of her stuff up to school. Now that it's time to haul it back home, I find myself wondering how much more stuff she has accumulated, and where it's all going, not only in the car, but once it gets here.

If you're wondering the same thing, you'll appreciate this article from the GradGuard blog on Packing Tips for College Move Out Day. Some of it is common sense (start early), but it's a quick read and, if you, like me, are moving your first child out of the dorm, it's likely to provide a few pointers.

Oh, and it also comes in handy for texting to your kids. You know. In case they're sick of hearing you say the same thing.

Happy moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment