Wednesday, June 22, 2016

6 Questions from the Porch Swing for Peter Spencer

Michael McDonald via Twitter

Angel's father, Peter Spencer, gets only a mention in Casting the First Stone, but readers get to meet him in Chasing a Second Chance. Will he show up in the next installment? Read his answers below and make your predictions. 

For the photo portion this week, I've selected some Hollywood leading men. Which one would you cast to play Peter Spencer? Let me know in the comments below -- and feel free to suggest someone else as well.




Where will we find you when you’re not on the page of the book we’re reading?
PS: Until my granddaughter was born, I would have said “traveling,” but Spencer’s birth has made me realize that I need to spend more time with my daughter and granddaughter. I don’t want to miss another minute.

Michael Douglas via Wikipedia
What’s something we’d be surprised to know about you?
PS: That my faith is not as strong as my daughter's. When my wife left, I became angry with God. I kept taking Angel to church because I wanted her to grow up in a strong faith community, as I had, but going to church didn't fully restore my relationship with God. 

Once Angel was grown, I took many trips to immerse myself in the beauty of God's creation, hoping to find what I'd been missing. Slowly, I felt pieces of my faith return. I'll never have the blind faith I had as a young man, but perhaps it's time for a different faith perspective, especially now that I'm a grandfather.

What are your thoughts on children?
PS: They are a gift to be cherished.

Richard Gere via IMBD
What regrets do you have?
PS: That I let my own grief from my ruined marriage spill over onto my daughter and taint her childhood. I didn’t mean for it to, but Angel’s very perceptive, and, no matter how well I thought I was hiding my hurt, I couldn’t get anything past her. 
Mark Harmon via TV Guide


Whom do you admire? PS: Marita. She was confronted with very difficult circumstances at a young age, and she handled them with dignity and poise. Charli is a lovely young woman, and that didn’t happen by accident. And I will never forget the kindness she has shown to my Angel.

Do you see any romance in your future? PS: Romance? I haven't really given it any thought. Perhaps I'm too old for that sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment