Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Counting my Blessings


 Some Way Back Wednesday posts are more obvious than others, and this was one of those weeks, with a Thanksgiving theme seeming only appropriate. As is often the case with these Wednesday posts, a selection from a few years back still rings true, with a few tweaks here and there. 

'Tis the season for gratitude so, after much deliberation, I've decided that the perfect topic for today's post would be just that. Since I'm currently moving into a happiness unit with my freshmen and planning a positive psychology course for the spring, I'm happy to say that my brain is already in that frame of mind. Still, even without the overlap in my course material, I'm smart enough to know that I have a pretty good life and, this week in particular, I have a lot to be thankful for.
  • My daughter is coming home. For the first time in her life, this wasn't a given and I'm happier than ever that she decided to make the trip. Not only is she good company during the daylight hours, but every night she's asleep across the hall is a more restful Mom night.
  • I can spend quiet time with family. Okay, not all of my family (we couldn't quite make that work), and I still have some grading to do, but between Zooming and actual gathering, most of us will connect. And as for that grading, deadlines are looser so R & R tops the to-do list.
  • I get to sleep in. For night owls, this is one of the greatest benefits of time off.
    GraphicMama-team via Pixaba
  • I get to write. Writing is right under R & R on the to-do list as I nudge my NaNoWriMo project (as well as a few others) along. 
  • I get to fill my days with things I want to do instead of things I have to do. I'm pretty fortunate in that there's tremendous overlap for me between these two things even when I am working, but since one of my favorite things is a blank calendar page, I'm excited to fill those pages...or not.
As we inch closer to Thanksgiving, what are you grateful for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment