Monday, November 29, 2021

Monday Evening Gratitudes

Photo by Nathan Dumlao on Unsplash

As of this afternoon, I have six more days of classes, three more days of finals, and then fall semester is all over but the grading. This year, I'm closing out the semester a little differently in my development classes, having replaced a paper no one enjoyed (including me, quite honestly) with a series of discussions. In my first year seminar, my students are completing two of my favorite assignments: a happiness bingo board and a list of gratitudes, both designed to nurture self-care and as positive an attitude as possible as we navigate the week before finals, then finals themselves.

In the spirit of both Thanksgiving and my end-of-semester positivity prods, I thought I'd share a few gratitudes of my own.

1. I just had five days off, and I did not pack them with schoolwork.
2. Thanksgiving and the days that followed were a nice mix of family, writing, and relaxation.
3. My dad lives practically around the corner.
4. Today's student discussions went well, and left everyone feeling less stressed than usual.
5. I think I've found a schoolwork plan that replaces my previous workaholic existence with something more balanced.
6. Did I mention the semester is almost over?
7. My daughter and I have TV time/hang out time at the end of most days.
8. I came up with a new book idea last week.
9. I love my new-ish (undated) planner that helps me keep track of things.
10. We'll have a new sunroom in time for Christmas.

'Tis the season to be grateful. What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment