Friday, November 26, 2021

Friday Feature: Cozy Season


 What's on your agenda for today? Or, for those who hit the ground running, even the day after a holiday, what have you already accomplished?

For me, this is the lull before the storm. The semester ends in two weeks, on a slightly calmer note (I hope) than usual, thanks to some re-jiggering of my end-of-semester assignments. That means I can afford to take today off, something I've gotten much better at in the past six months -- taking time for myself, that is. 

Every once in a while, I read something that resonates so well I wish I'd written it myself. Such was the case with Melissa Kirsch's intro to my daily New York Times newsletter in which she ponders how to spend this in-between day. My favorite line is this one:

"...if you’ve had your fill of the hunker-down life, I hear you, and encourage you to be safely out and about. We indoor cats will mind the hearth until your return."

Whatever you're doing with your day, I hope it brings you joy. As for me, I'm puttering -- the indoor cat happily minding the hearth -- glad I included Kirsch's column in my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment