Friday, July 16, 2021

Friday Feature: 18 Easy Ways to Take Waste out of your Daily Routine


For the past several years, my New Year's resolutions have included using less plastic, and this year, I added reducing my paper usage to the list as well. While I'm far from paperless and plastic-free, I've adopted some good habits: using washable cloths and towels instead of paper towels, cloth napkins instead of paper, and reusable shopping bags instead of plastic. I've long been the person who uses both sides of the paper and has piles of scratch paper consisting of the flip side of something else. I sometimes forget or make a conscious choice to go with paper (or plastic), I'm definitely moving in the right direction.

Today's feature, an article from the Ten Thousand Villages publication, Mosaic, quotes Anne-Marie Bonneau: “We don’t need a handful of people doing zero waste perfectly. We need millions of people doing it imperfectly.” 

I'm proud to be one of the millions doing it imperfectly. And, while I don't usually choose an article quite so directly tied to a business for my Friday Feature, the suggestions in this one are good, with many providing easy starting points. The photos, while clearly connected to products, offered their own inspiration as well.

What's one thing you can do to save the planet?


No comments:

Post a Comment