Monday, July 19, 2021

5 Things I Know About Marita Mercer and One Thing I Learned


I love talking about my characters almost as much as I love talking about my actual flesh-and-blood child and, since Marita is my protagonist (or one of them, anyway), she and I have spent a lot of time together.

If you've read Casting the First Stone, Chasing a Second Chance, and/or Courting Peace, you might know these things about Marita, too. Or, you might disagree, or have come up with a revelation of your own. If so, please share in the comments! 

Here are five things I know about Marita Mercer.
  1. She takes parenting very seriously.
  2. Although she'll never admit it to her parents (especially Rosemarie), she'll always be grateful to them for all they've done for Charli.
  3. She regrets not at least trying college. (She won't admit that to her parents either).
  4. Her biological clock is ticking. Softly, but more insistently than she'd care to admit.
  5. She's not sure she can be the woman Lukas needs her to be, no matter how hard she tries.
And one thing I've learned? She's neither as rigid nor as tough as she wants people to think. That side she shows to her best friend Bets? It plays a big role in every relationship decision she makes, from her parents, to Charli, to Angel, to Lukas...or any other romantic interest. Wait. Is there another romantic interest in Courting Peace? Well, there just might be :-)

Any surprises? Additions? Arguments? Fire away!





No comments:

Post a Comment