Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Putting a Silly Spin on a Long Short Week

tigerlily713 via Pixabay


Though I've yet to solve the mystery of why four-day weeks routinely feel like six-day weeks, I'm no longer surprised by this phenomenon. Today, I decided to use these numbers to my advantage and think of six things I'm grateful for and four things I'm looking forward to.





I'm grateful:

  • that I, along with family members, have received both doses of the COVID vaccine;
  • that my copies of Courting Peace arrived yesterday and I'm very happy with how they look;
  • that I got to spend time with my dad this afternoon;
  • that I have a job I enjoy;
  • that, after a slow start, my students are warming up and class discussions are actually a regular occurrence in most of my classes; 
  • that my daughter will be home for Easter this year.
I'm looking forward to:
  • a long weekend, which gives me an extra day to catch my breath;
  • checking some pressing projects off my list;
  • starting some new writing projects;
  • a trip to the beach this summer.
Take that, six-day-week masquerading as a four-day-week! :-)

Sometimes, a little silliness is the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment