Wednesday, May 6, 2020

No Homework Day!

Peggy_Marco via Pixabay
Today is No Homework Day!! I sure wish I'd known that before I spent the day grading papers.

Actually, it wouldn't have changed anything. We're in the last week of the semester, and grading papers is an inevitability. Though I'm tired and wish I'd managed to get to this blog post earlier in the day, I'm also really pleased with how much I got done today.

Still, there are a lot of things I'm looking forward to after I finish the semester. Here are a few of them.

1. Writing. Between making my face-to-face course content online course friendly, talking my students through the changes the aforementioned grading, I haven't had the time or the mental energy to write more than blog posts. Pretty sure my characters are waiting and, for my part, I'm looking forward to seeing them again.

2. Siting and reading for more than a few minutes at a time. Determined to keep my every day reading streak going, I make sure to squeeze in a few minutes of pleasure reading every day. I'm looking forward to expanding those minutes into half hours or more.

3. Tackling some those projects around the house. My expectations here are always a little high, but I have a couple of organizing projects, in particular, that I started and am anxious to get back to.

4. Actually leaving the house. That one's a little out of my hands, but a girl can dream.

5. Having dinner with my family and knowing I don't have to do homework afterward...which makes every day no homework day!

Hope you had a great day today -- homework or no homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment