Monday, May 20, 2019

It's HERE!

Kindle edition now available :-)
Grades are in. The semester is officially over, which means I transitioned into writer mode late last week and my shift in responsibilities became official once I put that final grade in. I spent a chunk of my weekend creating promotional posts for my new book, Know Thyself: The Imperfectionist's Guide to Sorting Your Stuff and, this morning, I was sitting at my desk, contemplating my priorities (and this post) when the perfect topic presented itself via email.

The Kindle edition of Know Thyself is available. As in now. The paperback releases next month but, as of today, you can buy my new book! I'm celebrating a little sooner than I planned to, but I am celebrating nevertheless!!

If you're wondering if the release of a new book gets any less exciting each time, I'm here to tell you that it doesn't. Maybe it will when I hit double digits (this book is #7 if you count collaborations/anthologies) or work with a publisher that's less fabulous than the team at OSV, but when you love the project and the people, well, that's about as good as it gets.

Releases don't get any less exhausting either. Luckily, I'm one of those rare writers who loves the promo piece (it helps to be an ambivert), so it recharges me. Still, for a global, big picture person, all the details involved can be overwhelming.

But please don't confuse overwhelmed with unhappy. I have no complaints (just lists -- lots of them!) I am profoundly aware of how very lucky I am to be a writer who gets to see her work in print.

But enough gushing for one day :-) For updates, contests, samples, tips, celebrations and more information, follow me on Facebook, or check out my Organizing by STYLE blog where I tend to post more updates. You can also find me on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.

And, as always, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment