Monday, May 13, 2019

An Oops, a Monday and a Sort-of-a Leprechaun

bremervoerderjung via Pixabay
It's 11pm and I'm just now sitting down to watch the news and write this post. I could tell you that I was busy celebrating International Hummus Day or Frog Jumping Day (yes, those are real things), but neither of those is true. A closer excuse (but one that's still not true) is that I'm celebrating National Leprechaun Day.

The truth is, I forgot it was Monday. My daughter, who spent the last semester in Ireland, is home. (Thus the potential connection to a day honoring leprechauns). It was a gray, rainy day, but, with her home, it felt like the first day of summer vacation. We slept late, binge-watched TV shows and got a few things done -- but not very many. By the time dinner time rolled around, guilt began to set in and I escalated my efforts, but this post got pushed off until after my evening appointments.

It's a little embarrassing to forget about a deadline of my own creation, but between classes being finished for the semester and my favorite kid making herself at home under my roof, that's exactly what happened. I teased her for being a bad influence but, all things (including a very late blog post) considered, one thing is true.

I am glad she is home.

And, if I had today to do all over again, I wouldn't change a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment