Wednesday, September 26, 2018

5 Things I Know About Marita Mercer

As writers, we know much more about our characters than what appears on the page. Two summers ago, I took advantage of this insider information and did a series where I interviewed my characters. I've decided that two years is long enough between sessions, and it's time to overshare again.

Interestingly enough, my favorite tough girl, Marita Mercer, never had her 6 Questions interview -- I don't know how I missed her! But, coupling that omission with the fact that she's one of my main characters, I'll need to kick off this new feature with her.

New feature? 5 Things I Know. If you've read Casting the First Stone and Chasing a Second Chance, you might know these things, too. Or, you might disagree, or have come up with a revelation of your own. If so, please share in the comments! I love talking about my characters almost as much as I love talking about my actual flesh-and-blood child.

So, without further ado, I give you Five Things I Know About Marita Mercer.
  1. She takes parenting very seriously.
  2. Although she'll never admit it to her parents (especially Rosemarie), she'll always be grateful to them for all they've done for Charli.
  3. She regrets not at least trying college. (She won't admit that to her parents either).
  4. Her biological clock is ticking. Softly, but more insistently than she'd care to admit.
  5. She's not sure she can be the woman Lukas needs her to be, no matter how hard she tries.
Any surprises? Additions? Arguments? Fire away!

No comments:

Post a Comment