Friday, April 28, 2017

Friday Feature: Raising Kids

I'm not a businesswoman, but I find some of my favorite articles (and Friday features) in business magazines. Quick reads that are well-sourced and cut to the chase, they offer bite-sized takeaways that are useful beyond the business world. And, they always manage to have headlines that pull me in as well.

This week's article from Inc. is no exception. "Want to Raise Successful Kids? Make Sure to do This" shares advice from Grit author Angela Duckworth. Duckworth's advice?

Show them what you want them to become.

Or, as I've said often this semester, common sense and psychology meet. And they agree.

So simple, and yet so difficult. Duckworth,  a professor at University of Pennsylvania and a leading voice in the field of positive psychology, shares a few other insights in the article as well, mostly from the perspective of a mom.

In other news, because I found this funny, but it didn't quite rise to the level of a Friday Feature, here's something every household with folks over 50 should have.

Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment